Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Post-Game Thoughts On Raiders vs. Seattle Seahawks (Pre-Season Game 4)

Oakland Raiders 3 Seattle Seahawks 20

I know "it's just preseason" but the Raiders have me very skeptical on how their going to look this year. In the last preseason game, you want to have all the kinks worked out so your team is ready for week 1 of the regular season. The Raiders, in my opinion, don't look anywhere near ready for the opener in Denver.

Also, I think I can speak for everyone when I say I'm disappointed that Terrelle Pryor didn't play at all in the 4th quarter. That was really the only reason I kept watching the beat down in the 2nd half.

The only real positive I have to say about this game is RT Stephon Heyer. Even though Barnes is starting, I think Heyer is the better fit on the Raiders O-Line. And I'm not just saying that because of his own "immaculate reception" against the Saints the week before. He hasn't gotten beat much, if at all during the Preaseason and looked good run blocking and in pass protection.


Positives:
+ Tyvon Branch: He actually looked like a FS in the game and had a nice pick.
+ Stanford Routt: Once again, the only CB on our team that didn't get beat all game.
+ Stephon Heyer: Looks good so far this preseason and should be starting. On one play in the game he pass blocked against two defenders with his two arms out wide.

Negatives:
- Defensive Line didn't stop the run and didn't get any pass rush. Probably because Seymour wasn't playing but still you would think our DL wouldn't be that bad without him.
- Our entire secondary. Nobody made plays except for Joe Porter deflecting a pass in the 4th quarter. That was it. Everyone was constantly getting beat except for Routt.
-This was the first game where our first team offense didn't do much. At least Darren McFadden will be back for the regular season and could be wearing a dark visor. Oh yeaaaaa!

No comments:

Post a Comment